PRACTICE TIMES for the following groups: ALL Practices are being held at Dance Saskatchewan. Dancers must attend BOTH practices in order to participate in Folkfest.
Monday – August 10
6:30 – 8:30 Emerald
Tuesday – August 11
On Tues from 5:45-6:30 will be the time the groups organize entrances and exits.
Rushychok will be performing ONLY on Thursday August 13th in the time slots 5:45, 6:15 and 7:15
Please note the Sapphire group will not be performing at Folkfest.
The type of dance being performed will be determined at the first practice.
Karpty Pavilion is at HALL “D” AT PRAIRIELAND PARK
RULES and NOTES about Folkfest:
1. ALL DANCERS MUST come DRESSED and READY to Perform at 5:15 on Thursday- August 13th. The costuming and make-up requirements are the same as for competitions. ALL GIRLS – Hair can be in a bun (if you choose) – all hair must be off their face (due to time constraints – some parents maybe rushed after work trying to get your dancers hair ready). BOYS- HAIR must be worn off their face.
2. Performers will enter through the PERFORMER ONLY entrance (north-west corner of the building off the main parking area) and will be allowed back stage during Pavilion hours. ALL PERFORMERS, INSTRUCTORS AND ASSIGNED PARENT HELPERS WILL BE WRISTBANDED. These wristbands must be worn at all times for backstage security. Only those named on your Performers’ List can enter through the north-west door labeled PERFORMER ENTRANCE (same as last year – off the main parking lot). All other parents must enter through the main entrance with their passport or if they are volunteering, enter through the VOLUNTEER ENTRANCE (north-east side).
3. Laurie Drabyk will be the PARENT backstage to assist the Dancers. She will meet your dancer backstage. Once the dancers are finished dancing a set the parents are responsible for them in between sets and to ensure they go backstage for their next performance time. Please do not leave the Pavillion between sets as there isn’t much time in between. If you plan on feeding your dancer at the Ukrainian Pavilion on Thursday the food line is usually really long so parents plan on being in the food line shortly after you arrive (ie.5:15) you might have a chance! Parents supply snacks in between if need be.
4. Folkfest Passports allows UNLIMITED access to all pavilions for ALL 3 DAYS as well access to the Folkfest Buses. Available for $16.00(including GST). Passports include FREE shuttle on 3 routes that all connect at City Hall.
Children ages 12 and under are admitted FREE when accompanied by an adult. PASSPORTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT ALL PAVILION LOCATIONS DURING THE FESTIVAL. You can also purchase passports at any SAFEWAY, MACS, RBC, PARKTOWN HOTEL
5. Karpaty Pavillion Location: Hall “D” – Exhibition Grounds – 503 Ruth Street West
Any question or concerns, please email Laurie Drabyk
Hi Everyone, I have taken over the role of site admin. Hopefully this will become a place to reference important information for our dance families (and future dance families). If you have any suggestions or changes you can email me at email@example.com
Class placements for all dancers:
Wednesday, August 26th
6 and under 6:00-6:40pm
Ages 7-10 6:45-7:15pm
Ages 11 and older 7:15-7:45pm
Returning Sapphires do not need to come to this.
Monday, August 31 @ 7:00 pm